Older Adults Volunteer Program
Across Canada, older adults are living alone. Many do not have family or friends they can see regularly due to illness, physical limitations, or COVID-19. Many do not have the stamina needed for extended text chats.
Certified Listeners is stepping up to provide a video chat service for older adults struggling to connect, reaching out from their isolation, hoping to find someone reaching out to them.
They might have a problem. They might be lonely. They may need to vent. They might just need to talk. But they all need someone who will listen.
If you are an experienced Certified Listener Volunteer looking for a new challenge, a new way to grow your skills, or who has ever wished they could just talk to the person at the other end of the chat our Older Adults Video Chat Program might be for you.
• A minimum of 10 approved Emotional Support Chat Responder Shifts (total 40 hours)
• Completion of the Older Adults online and practical training
• Working headset with microphone that can be used with your computer
• A quiet place to take calls
What you will receive:
• 3 hours added to your Clockify account upon completion of the practical training
• A Certificate of Completion for the Older Adult training
• A rewarding opportunity to help someone in need
What is different:
• Providing support using voice chat
• Service is directed towards Canadian callers in an older demographic
If you are interested, apply through the form below!
Please note: The Older Adult phone service is currently closed. As we work hard to get ready to re-open, we encourage volunteers to apply to the program and complete the online and practical training modules. All volunteers who have completed training will be notified by email when the service is relaunched. We appreciate your patience at this time.
Any questions? Contact the Older Adult Volunteer Department at email@example.com